Looking at the bright side of reality.

Looking at the bright side of reality.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My first track day at Miller....

So yesterday didn't start out so hot...it was raining cats and dogs and I was a little worried that the track day I had planned was not going to turn out so well. I ended up going into work for a couple of hours....hung out in my wet leathers..then I headed out for the track. By the time I got to the track the rain stopped and the sun started to shine..then by the time lunch was done and over with..it was a beautiful day!! I asked my friend Mike to come to the track day..normally he doesn't pay for track days cause he is an A.R.T. instructor...but he gladly said he would come and show me how to be smooth on the track. It was BRILLANT!! He showed me how to hit the apexes, where my body should be, when and were I should speed up and slow down, and finally...how to properly put my knee down. All of it was so amazing! He told me that I did a great job...and I said thanks but I still have a lot to learn. Because I do. Just cause I went out to the track..doesn't make me an expert...I still have and I still want to learn so much. I want to learn as much as they will let me. I also got to ride two up with Shorty from the Yamaha racing school..that was mind blowing as well...and super crazy fast. He also took the time to show me a trick or two about the track as well. :) Thanks guys for all of your help.

1 comment: