Looking at the bright side of reality.

Looking at the bright side of reality.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Love lost but not forgotten...

Over the weekend I lost my Aunt Vaunda. They found cancer about 5 weeks ago, and the doctor said that she might live 4-5 months. Then to my understanding that they found more cancer in more places, so we weren't sure when she was going to be leaving us. It was just a matter of time at that point. So the week after we found out she had cancer, I went down to go visit her and to say our good-byes. It was very hard on me...I am very close to this aunt.

This aunt is also my grandma Woolsey's sister. So my grandma's sister married my dad's brother....so that means.....my dad's brother is also his uncle. hahahaha So this really has hit my mom really hard. She is having the hardest time about it (when it comes to my immediate family), it was my mom's aunt before she was her sister in law. So she has known Vaunda since the day she was born.

So when I went down to go visit and say our good-byes, I told my aunt...."when you see my grandma, will you please give her a big hug and kiss from me. I would tell you to tell her that I miss her so much...but I think she already knows." My aunt Vaunda told me "Yes I will" with a big smile on her face.

I will miss my aunt Vaunda and her great laugh.

2 comments:

  1. so sorry for your loss. let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet. But not happy at all sometimes... I'm always here for you Linds!

    But isn't it nice to know that you'll see them again no matter what? Everyone, we'll see them all again. :) I know it Linds. I'll see my brother, you'll see your Aunt and Grandma,---it's going to be one big party. :)

    ReplyDelete