Looking at the bright side of reality.

Looking at the bright side of reality.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Nicknames....

So I have had a couple of nicknames since I can remember....I think my first nickname that I ever had, was givin to me by my sister and brother...I am not to proud of it but here it is....Doorknob. They used to call me that all the time when I was little kid.

When I was in High School, I dated a kid named Scott H. and Jake A. (they were friends..don't ask hahaha). Scott was the one that gave me my nickname that has stuck with me pretty much since then...Dookus and Jake gave me The Duke. So anytime I hear someone call me by those nicknames or if you have ever called me by Dookus or The Duke....that tells you right there how long you have known me for.

But that wasn't the last of my nicknames....my all time favorite nickname was and is......DRUMROLL PLEASE...............Willis....Yep, simple Willis. My best friend Luke started calling me that years ago (I have known him for almost 12 years now) and ever since then, that little group of friends of ours (we don't see much of each other anymore, but when we do it is like we have never been separated) started to call me Willis too. I love it.

Now that you are update let me tell you why I thought of putting this on my blog...

So lately I have been going to the gym and doing Zumba at least twice a week and I have been feeling really good. So one of the owners of the company I work for...Jeff....the other day started to call me Washboard. I was like...why are you calling me Washboard...he told me "cause you are looking very fit lately and before you know you are going to have washboard abs" I just laughed and said "wishful thinking" If you know my boss Jeff...he doesn't ever give out complements unless he really means it...so that really that was really nice of him to say that. So ever since then, he calls me Washboard.

Now that I let the cat out of the bag about my nicknames....do you have any I don't know about?

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love! Nice idea for a blog!

    I'm just Taylorbugg, or peanut... Kam calls me Tooloo--for a reason I don't even know. :)Tay is common, and recently I've been dubbed "gimp." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thats really funny. I think I need to get into this Zumba thing...I hear its a great workout! For how long I have known you I feel like I should have some nicknames for you. I have A LOT of funny stories and memories but I guess no nicknames. Shea might have some though...

    ReplyDelete