Looking at the bright side of reality.

Looking at the bright side of reality.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Beatles...

Ok so I am a little bored today, so I am going to post two blogs...

So last weekend I was looking through some of my records that I own. I thought...I wonder if any of these are really worth anything. I have a book that tells me how much records are worth, so I figured I would start out with my favorite all time band The Beatles. Out of all the records I own (estimate about 6,000 records) I only own 3 Beatles records. Abbey Road, Sgt. Peppers, and The Greatest Hits blue album. So to make a long story short.........






The blue album is worth $80.00 because not only is it almost in mint condition...the actual records are blue and the original press is in 1973. It would be worth more if it were in MINT condition. It has a little scratch on the side of the cover.














Abbey Road...one of my favs. by the way..This one this one is worth about 40-60.00. On the back of the album it doesn't mention the song "Her Majesty" and according to that book it is worth quite a bit cause of that missing that song title. It would be worth 80.00 but it doesn't have the original record protection sleeve in it.





Now I have saved the most interesting for last. So I was looking at the record cover and I thought that I would pull the record out of the sleeve (for the first time since I owned it)...and BAM low and behold it had an apple label...not a capital records label. Plus this record and album is in really good condition, that is why I do not play with it. So I looked it up and if it were in MINT condition it would be worth over $200.00 but since my has a couple of little itty bitty corner dings it says it will be worth over $100.00. WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!
So I think when I get some more time on my hands and not up to much I am going to start looking at my Johnny Cash Albums and some others that I think that might be worth something.

No comments:

Post a Comment